Upon reading a few blogs, and noticing their distinct word choices, structure style, and their flow of the post itself, I decided to post about what type of sound each blog writer would be. The blog posts from Alex Horton, Chicago Pop, and James Loeffler, definitely have individual sounds that are unique to how they write.
Alex Horton's writing style, based on his post "On Getting By" would definitely be a trombone. As he is writing, I can imagine the feeling of a deep, inviting, and regal-like sound coming from the writing. A lot of elements are in play to help contribute to this classy-style sound, like his military status and the dark colors on his blog, but mostly the way he talks. His style of writing is very dignified, yet speaks to the reader as though he's close friends with them.
Similarly, James Loeffler emits a classy cello sound based on his writing. When I hear cello, I hear classy, regal, black-tie event type sounds. Loeffler has the writing appearance of a wise old soul, who is completely presidential in his words and structure. When reading his blog post, I could practically hear the deep, formal vibrations of the cello playing.
Lastly and probably most different, Chicago Pop's blog post gave me a happy and comical feeling, like an intro to a family sitcom from the 80s. His funny, and talk-speech type way of writing makes him inviting, like an old hilarious friend. His blog post takes readers on a journey through a chunk of his life, almost like the stereotypical theme music from The Brady Bunch or Leave It To Beaver.
All writers have a specific sound, and this is just an example of how unique every writer can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment