Tuesday, October 21, 2014

College Seminar in Review!!!

Hello all! I am approaching the middle of my first semester in college!!! I think it would be nice to reflect on what I have learned, primarily in this Me Generation Seminar. In leaning how to think rhetorically, I have used this in my many many readings (english major, it's all I do) to give myself a better perspective in using genre, audience, context, purpose, stance, etc. Those are all elements of thinking rhetorically, and it has come in handy in developing a deeper perspective and understanding in my readings. In this seminar, I have also developed better writing skills. I have learned to incorporate my own voice into my writing, which is something I had stayed away from in fear of being too immature and unsophisticated. I think the most overwhelming part of it all has been the fact that all of this is done over the internet and via google docs and blogger. I am a very "paper" person and I need to use printed documents and journals in order to be successful with my writing assignments. I think that's why I am also just a few days late on assignments due to the overwhelming amount of tabs and articles I need to keep track of in any given writing assignment. I don't really know how to solve this problem, but I know I'll be okay if I just take it all in stride and try not to get myself too worked up. I know I'll get used to it eventually (just like I did with using my voice in my writing. I really like this seminar a lot and am glad I am learning a lot from it. Anyway, that's my small mid-semester reflectionHappy blogging guys!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you told me about feeling overwhelmed about the technology. This is completely normal. You're doing great so far and it will become more natural the more you use it. And if you ever run into problems, let me know. I'm pretty flexible with deadlines.

    ReplyDelete